Monday, September 6, 2010

Post #2: September 5, 2010.

はじめまして。ぼくは ゴンザレス です。
フィリピンじん です。いち ねんせい です。
せんこうは せいじがく と えいご です。
どうぞ よろしく。

I really like the way that the Japanese language sounds, especially when it's being sung. I first started listening to Japanese artists ever since I heard some of their songs from the J-dramas I watched. The artists I listen to the most are Remioromen and The Blue Hearts. Of course, I don't understand what is being sung, but I still like the way everything sounds. And for the songs I listen to, I always look up the lyrics.



I love the way that many of the song's lyrics are written. They're all very poetic. I think that, being an English major, I really appreciate these artists' music for their rhetoric. I suggest you listen to the song "3 Gatsu 9 ka" by Remioromen. Here's a nice acoustic cover of the song that I like very much. March 9th.
Also, here are the lyrics to that song.

Another thing that I love about Japan are cherry blossom trees. I think they're very beautiful, and would love to see them some day in Japan while they're in season. The last time I went to Washington D.C., I saw cherry blossoms while they were in full bloom. But even then, in real life, they didn't measure up to the Japanese cherry blossoms that I've seen only in pictures.


5 comments:

  1. こんばんわ! Ah, I'm just trying to insert some にほんご、it is not working too well. I feel the same way about Japanese music, foreign music in general actually. I don't have a clue what they are saying but they way they sing and the way it sounds is make it super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh yesss i love cherry blossoms too!! yea, when I saw the trees in D.C I was a bit dissapointed, they are pretty mini compared to the massive parks of just cherry blossoms in tokyo. Its too bad the only bloom for such a short time, but that does make them more intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the Blue Hearts are J- rock group then I need to try them in the future. I love さくら so much that my room looks like a さくら tree threw up in it, leaving cherry blossoms, branches and あおい とり(blue birds)。 Hoangさん、you should come over to my room and testify!

    ReplyDelete
  4. さくら! Pretty sure that is Cherry Blossom in にほんご。

    ReplyDelete
  5. おはよございます!はじめまして!わたしはグレンダです!コロンビア大学の大学院のいちねんせいです!わたしも日本語の学生す!どぞよろしく!

    So yea, hello there! I'm a student from Columbia, and I'm posting on your Japanese blog as part of our class assignment for today. I think that if you look on your class's home blog, there is a link to our department's blog (sukusukunihongo.blogspot.com). Anyways, my blog is linked on there. I just wanted to explain myself so you don't freak out at having some stranger post on your blog.

    Anyways, awesome posts! Your Japanese is great! Keep it up! If you want to check out my blog, the quick link is: remembertobow.blogspot.com

    Cool. どもありがとございます!じゃまた!

    ReplyDelete